What is impersonation?
Impersonation is someone who imitates or copies the behavior or actions of another. Impersonation is a violation of the Mobypicture rules and can result in account suspension.
Moby users are allowed to create parody or fan accounts. However accounts with the goal to confuse or deceptive can be removed. We use a set of rules:
Guidelines for Parody and Fan Accounts
In order to avoid impersonation, an account's profile information should state clearly that the creator of the account is not actually the same person or entity as the subject of the parody. Here are some suggestions for marking your account:
- Username: The username should not be the exact name of the subject of the parody, or fandom; to make it clearer, you should mark the account with a qualifier such as "not," "fake," or "fan."
- Name: The profile name should not be the exact name of the subject without some other distinguishing word, such as "not," "fake," or "fan."
- Bio: The bio should include a statement to distinguish it from the real identity, such as "This is a parody," "This is a fan page," "Parody Account," "Fan Account," "Role-playing Account," or "This is not affiliated with…"
What information do I need to include when reporting impersonation
- Username of the person impersonating you (or the URL of their profile page):
- Your First and Last name:
- Your Twitter username (if you have one):
- Explanation of the impersonating content.
- Copy of your ID (with photo) OR, alternatively, we will send an email to the mail account affiliated with you/your company, for verification purposes. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org OR do it directly